Thursday, June 11, 2009

The making of memory lane.

Okay so my body is really struggling with the time differences, but it seems to be finally getting into the swing of things. Granted, it's 2:20 in the am right now back home, but it's 11:20 am where my butt is planted.

So this town that I am in.... is gorgeous. So amazingly gorgeous. Even though I hail from some of the lushest and most rich landscape that there is in the States....it's so much MORE here, and I often find myself holding my breath in excitement as we turn corners and a new view pulls into my line of sight.

Yesterday we went for a walk around the town here. They have real cobblestone roads, not everywhere, but they are here. In the old part of town. Like in the fairytales, and I can't help but wonder if I'm living in one at the moment. This land is so rich in history, so beautiful in detail, just absolutely amazing.



There is a house here, where a lady lived. Well I'm sure there are a lot of houses with a lot of ladies that have lived there, but this house specifically is the home of the woman who told the Brother's Grimm the stories that they became famous for.

What an amazing woman she must have been, and I wonder....did she think up those stories? Or were they passed down to her by her mother, and her mother's mother, and so on and so forth. Whatever the case, the Brother's were definitely opportunists, and knew a goldmine when they heard one. This blog is taking longer than expected to write because I keep getting distracted by someone. .... back to the blog.

There was this tunnel that we walked through to get from one side of the road to the other, and underneath there was this cool graffiti thing, but it was made out of cement.


I guess that's all for now. Today is a Holiday here, and everything is closed. We may go for a drive, but it's pretty stormy. Who knows.

More later....

No comments: